There are two ways of obtaining an Iranian visa:
If you have plenty of time before you intend to travel (at least 8 weeks), you can apply for a visa by contacting your nearest Iranian Embassy.
Alternatively, you can use our services to take care of all the details and get your visa for you.
To apply independently you need to contact the Iranian Embassy nearest to where you live and ask for/download a visa application form.
Next, you will need to obtain a Letter of Invitation from a sponsor in Iran. For tourist visas, the sponsor will normally be a tour operator.
Once you have your Letter of Invitation you need to send this to your nearest Embassy along with your visa application form, two photographs, and the appropriate visa application fee.
The Embassy will then send details of your application to the Iranian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) in Tehran.
Once your visa has been authorised by the MFA, a visa authorisation number will be sent back to the Embassy. The Embassy will then contact you and tell you your visa authorisation number. Please note that this reference number means that your visa has been authorised but is not the visa itself.
To obtain the actual visa in your passport, you need to fill out a visa collection form which you obtain/download from the Embassy. On this form you enter your visa authorisation number.
You can then either post or take this form to the Consulate Section of the embassy along with your passport and the appropriate visa collection fee. Your passport must be valid for at least six months from your date of entry into Iran, and must have at least two blank pages.
If take your passport to the consulate in person, you will normally have to return the following day to get your passport back. If you post your passport to the consulate, either there will be an extra fee to cover the costs of them sending it back to you recorded delivery, or you will have to provide a stamped, self-addressed envelope. You should normally receive your passport back about one week from when the consulate first receives it.
Fill the visa application form here and get your Iranian visa, it's fast and easy!
Visa on arrival
Nationals of all countries (except those listed below) holding a valid ordinary passports and wishing to visit Iran mainland, can obtain a 15-day Tourist Visa Upon Arrival at the airports of :
IKA : Tehran Imam Khomeini Airport
THR : Tehran Mehrabad Airport
MHD : Mashad Airport
SYZ : Shiraz Airport
TBZ : Tabriz Airport
ISF : Isfahan Airport
1. The applicant should have a confirmed return ticket and a valid passport with at least 6 months validity and a photo to be attached to the application form.
2. Visa stamp fee (depending on the applicant's nationality) is payable to the visa & passport office at the airport.
3. This type of visa is only for tourist purposes and the followings are not entitled to this visa facilitation.
- Journalists and reporters on mission.
- Applicants whose applications for Iran Visa have been rejected before.
- Iranians holding foreign passports but still maintaining their Iranian nationality.
4. Applicants can secure the visa by completing the form online and receiving a pre-approval visa code.
List of non-eligible nationalities for airport visa:
India (since Mar. 2014)